2013 Chicago Region Road Race Schedule
2013 Road Racing Events
|Mar 16-17||CenDiv Spring Training and All Worker Training||Best Western Airport, Milwaukee, WI|
|Apr 26||Drivers School – Supplemental Regs – School Entry Form – Race Entry Form – Register online HERE!||Blackhawk Farms Raceway|
|Apr 27||Drivers School- Supplemental Regs – School Entry Form – Race Entry Form – Register online HERE!||Blackhawk Farms Raceway|
|Apr 28||CenDiv Regional- Supplemental Regs – School Entry Form – Race Entry Form – Register online HERE!||Blackhawk Farms Raceway|
|May 18||Continental Motors Group Restricted Regional – Whole Lotta Miata! (Spec Miata)- Information Packet– Register online HERE!||Autobahn Country Club|
|May 18-19||Continental Motors Group Spring National – Information Packet– Register online HERE!||Autobahn Country Club|
|Jun 14-16||WeatherTech® Chicago Region SCCA June Sprints® Majors Tour National Plus*||Road America|
|Aug 8-11||Grand-Am/American Le Mans Series||Road America|
|Aug 24-25||Kettle Moraine Double Regional)- Information Packet– Register online HERE!||Road America|
|Sep 16-22||National Championship Runoffs®||Road America|
|Oct 12-13||Fall Sprints Double Regional||Blackhawk Farms Raceway|
Full CenDiv Road Racing Schedule in pdf format can be found HERE
**What’s a “National Plus”?
2013 “National Plus” (N+) events:
The Central Division of SCCA is excited to announce a new concept in event scheduling for 2013. The National Plus program provides participants an opportunity to maximize the value from race weekend costs and avoid the event management challenges associated with a full Double National weekend. We think National Plus will be a success for everyone.
National Plus events will be run in two complementary parts, on two separate race weekends, with both parts conducted at the same racing venue.
- Race Groups will be consistent throughout the season for the National Plus events. There will be 8 Race Groups, which will include ALL National Classes.
- During the first weekend, Race Groups 1 through 8 will race PLUS four Race Groups will race a second National. This approach offers a Double National for those four race groups.
- During the second weekend, Race Groups 1 through 8 will race PLUS the OTHER four Race Groups will race a second National.
- The bottom line is that over two weekends, all National competitors will have three races at one track.
- This program does not select who receives more track time by the popularity of their classes, but offers equal time and opportunity for everyone in our National racing program.
Both the Race Groups and which Groups race twice on any given weekend are still under discussion, and will be announced shortly. For 2013, National Plus events will be conducted at Blackhawk Farms Raceway and Road America, with two weekends at each track. There will also be a Double Rational weekend at Brainerd.
With this format, CenDiv aims to address the main issues competitors confront in our division: cost to race, availability of National events, and desire for increased competition (and fun). Including these four National Plus events provides every National class the opportunity to race in nine in-division Nationals across 6 weekends. This represents four more nationals than there were in 2012, which is an increase of 80%!
Take a look at our 2013 schedule HERE and set reminders in your calendar now to register for the 2013 CenDiv events – you’ll have more fun for less money!
Details on the groups selected for each of the four CenDiv National Plus events can be found HERE.