Chicago Region SCCA Latest News

Peck’s Alley and Briggs’ Bend

As the cars of the 1950 Elkhart Lake race negotiated “Ted’s Turn” a tight 110 degree right hander, the field then headed west on a gentle uphill run. The first marker Peck’s Alley, is 0.1 tenth of a mile west of County J on Birchwood Drive (County JP, back in 1950 County X). The second marker on this part of the circuit is for Briggs’ Bend at the intersection of North Turtle Bay Road. This right hand bend in the road is followed with a sudden 15 to 20 foot drop in elevation.

In Memoriam

Don Bruno

Our condolences go out to Don’s wife, Sharon and son, Donnie on the passing of a devoted Chicago Region member. Don loved being part of numerous Chicago Region activities for over 40 years.

In Memoriam

John Bycraft, III

Our condolences go out to John’s wife, children, and grandchildren. John was a member of Chicago Region for over 61 years.

Ted’s Turn

At the end of the long straight drivers made another right hand turn on to County X is where the third historical marker “Teds Turn” is found on the original 3.35 mile 1950 race circuit.