Author: Steve Laske

The Hard Right

After exiting Briggs’ Bend the track ran up-hill to a soft rolling peak and then headed back down hill to the “Hard Right” the last turn of the original race circuit.

Collectors Car Garage Visit

Join us, as we visit the Collectors Car Garage on May 18, 2019. The Chicago Region SCCA has organized a special event just for members of the Sports Car Club of America to view a collection of privately owned vehicles.

Peck’s Alley and Briggs’ Bend

As the cars of the 1950 Elkhart Lake race negotiated “Ted’s Turn” a tight 110 degree right hander, the field then headed west on a gentle uphill run. The first marker Peck’s Alley, is 0.1 tenth of a mile west of County J on Birchwood Drive (County JP, back in 1950 County X). The second marker on this part of the circuit is for Briggs’ Bend at the intersection of North Turtle Bay Road. This right hand bend in the road is followed with a sudden 15 to 20 foot drop in elevation.

Ted’s Turn

At the end of the long straight drivers made another right hand turn on to County X is where the third historical marker “Teds Turn” is found on the original 3.35 mile 1950 race circuit.

The First Turn

As organized road racing began with the 1950 Elkhart Lake Road Races, the drivers of that year were the first and only ones to have the opportunity to charge this first turn.